Chinatown ID Business Improvement Area Presents Lunar New Year Celebration 2010 – Year of the Tiger
February 13, 2010
from 11:00 am to 04:00 pm
|Where||Hing Hay Park - 411 Maynard Ave S, Seattle, 98104|
|Add event to calendar||
vCal (Windows, Linux)
iCal (Mac OS X)
The Chinatown-International District welcomes you to the Lunar New Year Celebration on February 13, 2010 in Hing Hay Park! This event is produced by Chinatown ID Business Improvement Area with generous support by our title sponsor - Snoqualmie Casino. Experience first-class multicultural entertainment including lively Lion and Dragon dances rhythmical Japanese taiko drumming, drill team performances and much more! Visit our Cultural Activities Pavilion featuring authentic calligraphy drawing, games and kids’ activities the whole family can enjoy!
CHILDREN’S COSTUME PARADE AND CONTEST
Bring your children to enter into our first ever Children’s Parade Contest presented by Northwest Asian Weekly and Seattle Chinese Post where they can show off their best cultural New Year’s outfit on stage! Judges will announce winners and prizes! To preregister go to our website at www.cidbia.org or www.nwasianweekly.com to download the application or sign up on the day of the competition. Good Luck!
Play our Lunar New Year Scavenger Hunt presented by US Bank where you and your family will get a chance to explore some fun and exciting stops throughout the District! After you have completed the Scavenger Hunt, enter into the raffle with a chance to win some great prizes!
* Scavenger Hunt hours: 11am - 3:30pm
* Cash Prizes and fun Lunar New Year gifts announced at 3:45! (need not be present to win)
* Go to the Information Booth or US Bank booth to receive your stamp card and map!
RULES OF THE GAME:
1) Below is a list of Scavenger Hunt stops you can choose from which will be indicated on the map.
2) At each location there will be someone waiting for you passing out red envelopes with a question inside.
3) After you find the answer to the question, you will receive a stamp on your stamp card.
4) A minimum of four stamps are needed to enter into the raffle, or if you’re feeling adventurous go to all eight locations!
Kobo at Higo Variety Store – 602 S Jackson St
QT Aquarium – 509 S Jackson St
Ming’s Art Gallery – 519 6th Ave S
Kinokuniya Bookstore – 525 S Weller St
Children’s Park – 700 S Lane St
Sun May Gift Store – 5 Canton Alley S.
Deng’s Studio & Art Gallery – 670 S King St
Wing Luke Asian Museum Gift Store – 719 S King St
12:00pm: Mak Fai Kung Fu Club (lion & dragon dance / martial arts)
12:30pm: Filipino Youth Activities Drill Team
1:00pm: Kaze Daiko
1:30pm: Children’s Parade Contest
2:00pm: Master David Leong’s Shaolin Kung Fu Academy
2:30pm: Seattle Wushu Center / Northwest Wushu
3:00pm: Chinese Community Girls Drill Team
3:30pm: Scavenger Hunt Prizes Announced
4:00pm: Event Close
Saturday, February 13, 2010, from 11 - 4 PM
Hing Hay Park, 423 Maynard Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104