Organization Name: Chinatown-International District Business Improvement Area (CIDBIA)
Employer Type: 501(c)3 Non-Profit
Location: Combination of remote and on-site
Compensation: $18/hour, 12-16 hours a week
Employment Period: 6 to 9 months
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This role will primarily be remote, with occasional duties at CIDBIA office in the Chinatown-International District. We will be reviewing applicants on a rolling-basis. Interviews and official hire date will occur in January 2022.
Background and General Scope:
The Chinatown-International District BIA is one of Seattle’s ten business improvement areas. The CIDBIA was founded by property and business owners in Chinatown and Japantown who wanted to see enhanced cleaning and promotion services for the District. CIDBIA focuses on sanitation services, public safety coordination, marketing and events, and advocacy for small businesses to create a clean, safe, and welcoming neighborhood.
We are looking for a Social Media and Outreach Intern to assist our Digital Equity project to serve businesses in Seattle’s Chinatown-International District. Project-specific tasks include outreach to local businesses, social media, and helping to survey digital needs of businesses in C-ID. Due to the nature of this role, the ability to communicate in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese is preferred.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment Chinatown-International District Business Improvement Area. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination is required.
Here are the candidates we are looking for:
- Interested in working with a growing organization and willing to take on new challenges and opportunities within digital marketing and outreach
- Eager to learn how to build a brand and execute a brand strategy
- Proficient knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Self-starter – you are willing to explore new ideas and work independently with given tasks
- Strong communicators – you are personable, enjoying talking with others and know how to write professionally
- Desire to help minority-owned businesses in underserved communities through the Covid-19 pandemic
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interest in social media, digital marketing, website development, outreach, and community engagement
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting with frequent collaborations
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Ability to meet and work within strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Business/Analytics
- Familiarity using social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter as a marketing tool for business
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The candidate must also have own computer, an email address, reliable internet access, and a smartphone
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create social media accounts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter on behalf of businesses
- Write copy and schedule social media posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter for businesses
- Create and claim Google Business and Yelp pages for businesses
- Conduct outreach to businesses in Chinatown-International District in person and by phone/email
- Assist in developing and implementing digital marketing plans and promotions
- Curate content and implement instructional guides and resources for businesses
- Provide technical assistance for social media to businesses
- Help to do market research to create marketing contents
- Participate in conceptual brainstorm meetings for creative advertising and general marketing concepts
- Some administrative duties
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Pursing a degree or related studies in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Must have a passion for our mission
- Familiarity with Seattle’s Chinatown-International District a plus
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and language groups
- Ability to communicate, verbally or written, in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Vietnamese a plus